National Testing Agency or NTA has released JEE Main 2023 notifications, the registration process, and exam dates on their official website for the JEE aspirants. All the serious JEE aspirants preparing for this competitive examination can check complete details about this exam at NTA official website. The last date for submission of JEE Main 2023 application form for the session 1 exam is January 12, 2023, up to 9.00 PM, and for session 2 is March 7, 2023. JEE Main 2023 exam dates for session 1 are January 24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30, and 31 and for session 2 are April 06, 08, 10, 11, and 12. Students who have cleared their 12 standards with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their major subjects and are interested in pursuing B.Tech or B. Arch from various IITs, NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs will have to appear for this exam.
JEE Main 2023 Notification Latest Update
NTA has made some changes in the JEE Main 2023 exam, so JEE aspirants are advised to carefully check the notification before registering for the JEE Main exam in 2023.
- The registration fee for JEE Main 2023 has been increased by NTA and it is now 1,000 for general male candidates and 800 for female candidates.
- The JEE Main eligibility criteria have also changed and the 75% admission criteria for IITs and NITs have been reinstated.
- The exam centers have been reduced and the JEE Main 2023 exam will now be held in 399 locations across India.
- Students have to mandatorily provide their parents’ email id and mobile number while filling out the JEE Main 2023 application form.
Registration Process for JEE Main 2023
- To register for the JEE Main 2023, students need to proceed with the following steps:
- Visit the NTA official website jeemain.nta.nic.in to register for JEE Mains 2023
- Need to provide their vital details like name, mobile number, and email address to register for JEE Main 2023.
- Fill in the personal and educational details in the registration form
- Upload scanned copies of signature and photograph
- Upload the required documents as per the specification
- Pay the JEE Main 2023 registration fees
- For future reference, download and save the JEE Main 2023 confirmation page
Vital Facts related to JEE Main
JEE’s Main question paper includes Multiple Choice Questions and numerical-based questions and is based on NCERT books of class 11th and 12th syllabus. The JEE Main is conducted in three categories called Paper 1, Paper 2A, and Paper 2B. Paper 1 is for B.E/B. tech students comprising 90 questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Paper 2A is for B. Arch students comprising a total of 82 questions from Mathematics, Aptitude, and Drawing. Paper 2B is for B. Planning students comprising a total of 105 questions from Mathematics, Aptitude, and Planning. This online computer-based test is of 3 hours duration and four marks are awarded for each correct answer and one mark is deducted for each incorrect answer. To prepare well for the exam, aspirants should be completely aware of the latest syllabus and exam pattern of the JEE Main 2023. The aspirants should also be aware of the weightage given to every topic and chapter and hence accordingly prepare for the exam.