Students who are planning to make their career in engineering and seeking admissions into IITs must get a good rank in JEE exam. NTA conducts the JEE Mains 2022 in 2 phases in numerous states across the country in an online and computer-based mode. The dates of Phase 1 are 20th to 29th June 2o22, and the dates for phase 2 are 20th to 31 July 2022. With As the exam is approaching, students might have numerous questions popping in their heads. In this article, we will look at the answer to some of the prominent ones like how many attempts for JEE mains 2022 and a few other details.
How Many Attempts for JEE Mains 2022?
- The students can attempt JEE Mains 2022 2 times
- Students appearing or those who have cleared their class 12 with subjects including Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics can appear for JEE Mains 3 times consecutively.
- In other words, if the students pass their 12th standard in 2022, they can appear for JEE mains 2022, 2023 and 2024.
There are a few benefits to attempting the JEE Mains 2 times, such as –
- You will have a better judgement of the JEE Mains exam difficulty level and exam pattern.
- In case you are not satisfied with the marks you have scored in the first attempt, you can go for a second attempt.
- In case you could not crack the JEE Mains exam, you will not have to wait for another year to give a second attempt.
- If you fall sick or are not able to attempt the JEE mains exam due to any other reason, you will not have to wait for another year to take the exam.
Exam Pattern of JEE Mains 2022
- Marking Scheme of JEE Mains 2022
The marking scheme that NTA will follow for JEE Mains 2022 is given below –
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) – You will receive 4 marks for every correct answer and will lose 1 mark for every wrong answer.
- Questions with Numerical Answers – You will receive 4 marks for every right answer. There is no deduction on wrong answers or the questions you have not attempted.
- Number of Questions in Each Subject
- Mathematics – There are 25 questions in total. 10 are asked in MCQ form, and the remaining 15 questions are numerical. Out of 15 questions, students have to attempt any 10 questions of their choice.
- Physics – There are 25 questions in total of which 10 are MCQs and 15 are numericals.
- Chemistry – There are 25 questions in total of which 10 are MCQs and 15 are numericals.
Your Way Forward
You now know about how many attempts are allowed for JEE Mains 2022 and the exam pattern for the same. If you are looking for a trusted coaching institute for effective preparation for JEE Mains 2022, then Sri Chaitanya is the right choice. We provide world-class training to our learners helping them pass the exam with flying colours. Through comprehensive study material, regular mock tests, and performance reviews, we make sure every student passes the exam. Let us tell you that we have a total 42,020 ranks in JEE 2021. So what are you waiting for?
Get in touch with us for more information on the courses we offer.