The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET is a national-level medical entrance exam conducted by the National Testing Agency for students who are aspiring to take admission to MBBS, dental, or AYUSH courses in India. Clearing this exam is mandatory for the aspirants to seek admission in the top medical institutes of the country, including AIIMS and JIPMER. Like every year, the NEET 2023 will be a pen and paper-based exam having a similar syllabus from subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Biology based on Classes 11 and 12 syllabi. As per the latest update NEET UG 2023 exam date is May 7, and with the announcement of the exam date students need to speed up their preparation.
NEET Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to fulfill certain eligibility criteria to appear in this national-level medical entrance test. All Indian nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs, and foreign national candidates are eligible to apply for NEET 2023, provided they meet the following age and educational qualification criteria:
- The candidates should have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or before 31st December of the admission year. However, there is no upper age limit to apply for the NEET.
- Candidates must have cleared their 12th or equivalent exam from a recognized board, with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology, and English as their core subjects.
- Students in the unreserved category will require at least 50% marks in their 12th whereas students of the reserved category like OBC/SC/ST will require 40% marks in their 12th and students of the PWD category will require 40% marks in their 12th.
- Candidates who will be appearing for the 12th board exam in 2023 are also eligible to appear for the NEET in 2023.
Foreign national students should have cleared their 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology, and English subjects with 50% marks as per MCI regulations.
Strategies to Prepare for NEET 2023
NEET is an extremely popular national-level medical entrance exam that is taken up by around 12-14 lakhs of students every year. Competing with such a large number of students requires hard work, determination, the guidance of an eminent NEET coaching institute like Sri Chaitanya, and an ideal preparation strategy. Students who succeed in this exam often take NEET coaching from a prestigious institute and follow tried and tested strategies for the exam. Some of the vital tips that will prove valuable for the NEET exam 2023 include:
- Students must be thorough with their NCERT syllabus and make notes of the important topics. Then study all the important topics in an elaborate manner from the study material provided by their NEET coaching institutes.
- Students must try hard to gain conceptual clarity by making handwritten notes of all the important topics of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- In all three major subjects, students should divide the NEET syllabus into easy, medium, and hard based on the difficulty level and weightage. Students should start their NEET preparation with the topics that are hard and have more weightage in the NEET.
- Students must join a premium NEET coaching institute like Sri Chaitanya for receiving the best guidance and support and holds a record for producing a maximum number of successful students in NEET.
- Students must take a maximum number of mock tests and must regularly solve test papers and previous year’s questions to become familiar with the NEET pattern and gain confidence for the exam.
Students need to be regular and thorough with their preparation while preparing for the NEET, as this national-level exam is extremely tough and competitive. All the NEET 2023 aspirants gearing up for the exam in 2023 should keep the date of the entrance exam in mind and accordingly start their final preparation. A complete schedule of the exam will soon be updated on the NTA official website for students to check.